Sunday, December 28, 2008

Trees I've Met :: Part One

The Pac. NW is covered with a lush foggy green, even in cramped areas of population, and even in the middle of Winter. In weather like this back in Detroit, I remember the only green to be found were my house plants, and even they weren't having the best go of it. This is the base of a giant sequoia that is in the parking lot behind the Apt.s where I now.. Ummm.. can't really say Live yet.. how'bout reside.. =) I sit under her some days after the jog.. watch her as I come down the mountain, and then sit beneath her branches as my heart slows and back stiffens up again.. She plopped a cone on my chest the very first sitting, which has opened, and I plan on growing. It might be odd, but I do look for Kodoma (her little guardian sprites) and I'll certainly miss her if and when I leave this Apt.

This was taken a month before the snow, but this giant Pine sits 3/4 way up Mt.Tabor park, just before you see a kid's playground. He's got the most beautiful root structure, something like tentacles actually. I'd like to put him into a painting one day, but now that I think on it, he may've already unconsciously influenced a Treant character that will appear in my new book from Impact?

Here's to the Trees,
they'll be around a
lot longer than us.. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home