Monday, January 05, 2009

Trees I've Met :: Part Two

This is my prayer tree, he's one of the huge Firs 3/4 up Mt. Tabor park. I've never been an athlete in my life, but my afternoon jog has been the glue keeping me together of late, the order and reason that gets me out of bed.. The first time I met this tree was my first jog up the mountain, I fell against him, saddened from the pain of my divorce, but also just spent physically.. When I looked up the trunk after a time, I realized someone had placed a black feather in the bark, and later in the week I came across two orange feathers that I placed below it.. I believe they're oriel feathers, but I could be wrong?

So this pine is where I jog to pray.. He's kinda like my alter or conduit of sorts, I guess.?? I've never been a praying man before my Pop's ailment, if I did pray it was in the realm of transcendental meditation.. but now I pray for him everyday in a couple of forms; I "ask" in the language that my Dad has said he'd like me to use, and I also "realize".. Kind of like visualizing him re-gaining motor control, or Israeli and Palestinian folks re-building towns and schools together, and all the folks I care about getting hugs, and smiling.. happy.. Despite my bouts with Fundamentalist dogma, and the damage it can cause, and has caused over the centuries, I still believe the act of praying does everyone some good.. and yeah, it might be Pascal's Gambit..?? What do I know?? A Universal Energy could exist even for the most militant atheist, as there's string theory that may tie every swingin' sub-atomic cosmic bit of Jazz together, living or not..?? My Dreams and my Prayer could very well just be me talking to myself, but the positive energy I feel is a very real thing that effects the folks close to me in some way ?? Even if that's just the difference of me frowning or smiling when I see someone.. So, do I believe ?? Yeah.. I do.. and when I pat the curls of bark along my prayer trees trunk saying, "end of transmission, G" I'm not just talking to myself.. Stay tuned.. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home