Saturday, June 20, 2009

Miscellaneous Moving & Motorbreath

Well I moved for the 2nd time in a year.. 1/2 block away from me old place, and cheaper, so that makes me happy.. My Pop visited me here in Portland, and that was a joy that I'd not expected anywhere near as intense.. =) There's still times when this Dream turns to Drama, when the questions pile up along with the bills, and I cannae find a grain ah powder to keep the pilot light lit.. but like the kindly Desiderata says.. even with all it's sham, drudgery, and broken Dreams.. it is still a beautiful World.. Here's some shots of the new digs, may my balcony dip me on out in the swinging ball o heavenly sunshine, and my work be fruitful and multiply.. with an emphasis on the latter !!

Yesterday me and my good childhood friend and drummer Michael Kora went to go see Motorbreath, as I saw an advert they put out on MySpace.. They're a Metallica tribute band, and they're good..!! I'm honestly right in the middle of Metal, I illustrate for a Death Metal band mind you, but the last time I saw a show was in either '88 or '89 !?!? So when these cats started poppin' off Jump in the Fire, and For Whom the Bell Tolls, it felt like I was a kid.. This place was just the kinda spot for these cats, and they ended up blowing a fuse at the beggining of the show.. =) F-in METAL, Dude..!!!! Horns oop !!

and... it wouldn't be a droonk out till 3am without a blatant Chappelle grab.. the cat from the Roots wasn't on drums, and John Mayer wasn't on Guitar.. Hahaha.. and just like every rose has it's thorn..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home