Monday, August 24, 2009

Inside/Out and More..

Went to a beautiful show downtown with three artists from around the Ashland area a couple weeks back. It was called Inside/Out and was Brilliant! It involved Clifford Wilton, Kevin Christman, and just an amazing figurative painter that I met through Dr. Sketchy PDX Gabriel Mark Lipper. He was nice enough to let me sit in on a painting session with him, where I sketched and watched some of his particular style. Seeing another's painting, in process is an invaluable experience, and Gabriel has a directness and deliberateness that most artists would give a finger for..

I was immediately reminded of fellow Detroiter, Glenn Barr, and Gregory Manchess when I looked through his work, but the scale and color is so impressive, I just can't pin the man down.. =) If you've a chance to see Gabriel's work up close, do yourself a favor and take the chance..

Stay tuned !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home